Latest News

How Do You Know Who Caused An Error On Your Credit Report

When you recognize an error on your credit report, you can file a written dispute to the credit reporting agency reporting the error. It is important to write the dispute and mail it by certified mail. Do not dispute errors to the credit reporting agencies on-line. Federal law requires that credit reporting agencies investigate your dispute and notify you of the outcome within thirty days from when they received your dispute. If you do not get a response to your dispute, contact Pine Street Legal for advice on the next step.